Pages

Friday, October 12, 2012

Early 2011 Macbook Pro will not read Sandisk Extreme Class 10 16gb SD Card

Early 2011 Macbook Pro will not read Sandisk Extreme Class 10 16gb SD Card Video Clips. Duration : 1.72 Mins.


*UPDATE 28th June 2011* - Seems like the problem has been resolved with the new 10.6.8 update. It can take awhile, at least 10 seconds at times, for the card to be detected, but at least it now works! Thanks to Houdini528 for highlighting it! If you're still having problems please share so others are aware. Cheers! ----------------------------- I have this problem which is quite frustrating. I recently purchased a 15 inch 2011 MBP 2.2ghz i7 and everything's great, except for that I'd also recently bought a Sandisk 16gb Extreme SDHC Class 10 SD Card, and it can't seem to be read on the new laptop!!! It works through an external reader, it also works on older versions of MBPs and iMacs. At times, for some reason, it works on the new laptop too! I understand that the new SD Card Readers for the 2011 MBPs are wired through PCIE, unlike the older models which are wired through a USB port on the chipset...could this be affecting the problem? Apple please resolve this soon, Sandisk won't (and shouldn't) take back the card because there's nothing wrong with it. *I don't have a video here, but the card also faces the same problem on 2 other early 2011 MBPs I've tested them on, so I doubt it's just my laptop that's acting up.

0 comments:

Post a Comment